Bjni is one of the most ancient settlements in Armenia. The village is located in Kotayk region of the republic, on the right bank of the Hrazdan River, 13 km of the regional center Hrazdan. Bjni is distinguished with its mineral watersand many historic-cultural monuments. Exactly here the popular “Bjni” mineral water is produced.
In the Middle Ages the settlement was one of the most important scientific centers. We were able to preserve several Armenian manuscripts, rewritten here in the 12-17th cc. The treasure of mediaeval architecture of Bjni is St. Astvatsatsin (St. Holy Virgin) church, located in the center of the village; it was built by the order of Grigor Magistros in 1031. There are inscription on the walls of the church preserved up today; it was renovated in 1947.